FOR ALL INFORMATION REGARDING COVID-19 FROM GOVT CANADA, PLEASE CLICK HERE
FOR ALL INFORMATION REGARDING COVID-19 IN WASAGA BEACH – CLICK HERE
– VISITING THE BEACHFRONT –
- The “beach” is not owned or operated by the Town of Wasaga Beach. The beach is in fact owned and operated by the Government of Ontario. The beach is managed by Ontario Parks and is part of Wasaga Beach Provincial Park. The provincial park, including its beachfront property, is open for public use.
- You can learn more about the beach and the provincial park by visiting the Wasaga Beach Provincial Park website.
- The town offers municipal parking near the beachfront but parking in these lots is at 50 percent capacity.
- The sand-covered portion of Beach Drive is open. We have four pods established on this makeshift beach to ensure physical distancing and appropriate capacity. Pod 1 is for residents only. Learn more here. Read our Community Safety Plan. See the Visiting Our Waterfront information graphic. See our parking lot map here. For general information on parking see here.
- Remember to respect physical distancing and all other provincial orders that apply. Masks must be worn inside public spaces per the Simcoe-Muskoka District Health Unit.
– TOWN SERVICES –
- Arena Open.
- RecPlex/YMCA Open (office). Closed – all programs and rentals cancelled.
- Youth Centre/Seniors Active Living Centre Closed – all programs and rentals cancelled.
- Town Hall Open. (Mon. to Fri. 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.)
- Library Open. (Tues. to Sun. 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.)
- Public Works Open
- Fire Halls Open
- Outdoor facilities – Some of our outdoor facilities have opened. This includes tennis courts, our dog parks, the skate park, soccer pitches and baseball fields. These facilities are NOT for team use. If you utilize them please observe physical distancing.
- Outdoor playgrounds – Open. See our playground information here. Learn more about parks here. .
- Parking – All municipal parking lots are open. Beachfront parking lots are at 50 percent capacity. Spruce Street Lot is for residential parking pass holders only. Parking passes are available at town hall.
- Transit Operational
- Community Garden – Open
- Yard Sales – Permitted. Yard sales are once again permitted in town.
TENTATIVE EVENTS SCHEDULE
Wasaga’s Finest Citizens Awards
Date: Postponed to Oct 24 (Tentative)
Location: 1724 Mosley Street, Wasaga Beach
Memories of Summer
Date: Sunday, September 6, 2020 8:00 PM – 9:30 PM –Decision to be made by Aug 7
Date: Tentative – Saturday, October 10, 2020 4:00 PM – 5:00 PM
Location: 1724 Mosley Street Wasaga Beach
Santa Claus Parade
Date: Saturday, November 28, 2020 5:00 PM – 7:00 PM
Location: 22nd St and Mosley St. to RecPlex, 1724 Mosley St.
More information can be found on the Town’s website at www.wasagabeach.com
Wasaga Beach TV is a subsidiary of Wasaga Beach Media Communications 2018