FOR ALL INFORMATION REGARDING COVID-19 FROM GOVT CANADA, PLEASE CLICK HERE
FOR ALL INFORMATION REGARDING COVID-19 IN WASAGA BEACH – CLICK HERE
******** CURRENT STATUS FOR REGION IS: RED. ********
– MASK WEARING, WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW –
Masks must be worn inside public spaces per the Simcoe-Muskoka District Health Unit
By order of the Chief Medical Officer of Health for Simcoe-Muskoka, face masks must be worn at all public indoor spaces and on public transit.
To learn what this means see the letter from Dr. Charles Gardner, Chief Medical Officer of Health.
Should you have questions about the direction on masks contact the health unit.
Should you have enforcement concerns please contact the health unit or the Ontario Provincial Police.
* Please note there are certain exemptions that apply to mask wearing. Please see the letter from the health unit for details.
– VISITING THE BEACHFRONT –
Planning a visit to the beachfront? There are a few things you should know:
- The “beach” is not owned or operated by the Town of Wasaga Beach. The beach is in fact owned and operated by the Government of Ontario. The beach is managed by Ontario Parks and is part of Wasaga Beach Provincial Park. The provincial park, including its beachfront property, is open for public use.
- You can learn more about the beach and the rest of the provincial park by visiting the Wasaga Beach Provincial Park website.
- The town offers municipal parking near the main beachfront (Beach Area 1) but parking in these lots is at 50 percent capacity. The Spruce Street lot is reserved for residential parking pass holders.
- The sand-covered portion of Beach Drive is open. This is municipal property.
- Remember to respect physical distancing and all other provincial orders that apply. Masks must be worn inside public spaces per the Simcoe-Muskoka District Health Unit.
- Masks must be worn inside public spaces per the Simcoe-Muskoka District Health Unit.
– TOWN SERVICES –
- Arena – OPEN. Limited programs..
- RecPlex – OPEN. Limited programs.
- Youth Centre/Seniors Active Living Centre – OPEN. Limited programs.
- Town Hall – OPEN.
- Library – OPEN. See website.
- Public Works – OPEN.
- Fire Halls – OPEN.
- Outdoor facilities – Open. These facilities are NOT for team use. If you utilize them please observe physical distancing. Gatherings must not exceed 25 people.
Open outdoor facilities include:
- Tennis courts
- Dog parks
- Skate park
- Soccer pitches
- Baseball fields
- Outdoor playgrounds – Open. Gatherings must not exceed 25 people.
- Parking – All municipal parking lots are open.
- Transit – Operational
- Community Garden – Closed for the season
TENTATIVE EVENTS SCHEDULE
More information can be found on the Town’s website at www.wasagabeach.com
Wasaga Beach TV is a subsidiary of Wasaga Beach Media Communications 2018