FOR ALL INFORMATION REGARDING COVID-19 FROM GOVT CANADA, PLEASE CLICK HERE
FOR ALL INFORMATION REGARDING COVID-19 IN WASAGA BEACH – CLICK HERE
– MASK WEARING, WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW –
The Simcoe-Muskoka District Health Unit said on July 7 that effective 12:01 a.m. on July 13 when you enter a public indoor space (e.g. grocery store, community centre, shopping mall, hair salon, library, place of worship, etc.) or use public transit you will be required to wear a face covering. *
To learn what this means see the letter from Dr. Charles Gardner, Chief Medical Officer of Health, 200707 Businesses Organizations EMCPA Letter
Learn more about what the Simcoe-Muskoka District Health Unit has to say about face coverings here.
Should you have questions about the direction on masks contact the health unit.
* Please note there are certain exemptions that apply to mask wearing. Please see the letter from the health unit for details.
– VISITING THE BEACHFRONT –
Planning a visit to the beachfront? There are a few things you should know:
- The “beach” is not owned or operated by the Town of Wasaga Beach. The beach is in fact owned and operated by the Government of Ontario. The beach is managed by Ontario Parks and is part of Wasaga Beach Provincial Park. The provincial park, including its beachfront property, is open for public use.
- You can learn more about the beach and the rest of the provincial park by visiting the Wasaga Beach Provincial Park website.
- The town offers municipal parking near the main beachfront (Beach Area 1) but parking in these lots is at 50 percent capacity. The Spruce Street lot is reserved for residential parking pass holders.
- The sand-covered portion of Beach Drive is open. This is municipal property. We have four pods established on this makeshift beach to ensure physical distancing and appropriate capacity. These pods are the fenced off areas that beachfront visitors will see.
- After Labour Day, the pods are only staffed on weekends, weather permitting. Staff ensure physical distancing in the pods and ask visitors to self-screen for COVID-19 before entering. Visitors can still use the pods on weekdays but staff will not be on hand to monitor the space. Weekday pod visitors must still self-screen for COVID and observe physical distancing. Learn more here. See our parking lot map here. For general information on parking see here.
- Please note the pods will be dismantled at the end of September.
- Remember to respect physical distancing and all other provincial orders that apply. Masks must be worn inside public spaces per the Simcoe-Muskoka District Health Unit.
– TOWN SERVICES –
- Arena Open.
- RecPlex/YMCA Open (office). Closed – all programs and rentals cancelled.
- Youth Centre/Seniors Active Living Centre Closed – all programs and rentals cancelled.
- Town Hall Open. (Mon. to Fri. 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.)
- Library Open. (Tues. to Sun. 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.)
- Public Works Open
- Fire Halls Open
- Outdoor facilities – Some of our outdoor facilities have opened. This includes tennis courts, our dog parks, the skate park, soccer pitches and baseball fields. These facilities are NOT for team use. If you utilize them please observe physical distancing.
- Outdoor playgrounds – Open. See our playground information here. Learn more about parks here. .
- Parking – All municipal parking lots are open. Beachfront parking lots are at 50 percent capacity. Spruce Street Lot is for residential parking pass holders only. Parking passes are available at town hall.
- Transit Operational
- Community Garden – Open
- Yard Sales – Permitted. Yard sales are once again permitted in town. Find our application and related COVID-19 safety information here: Yard Sale Application.
TENTATIVE EVENTS SCHEDULE
Wasaga’s Finest Citizens Awards
Date: Postponed to Oct 24 (Tentative)
Location: 1724 Mosley Street, Wasaga Beach
Santa Claus Parade
Date: Saturday, November 28, 2020 5:00 PM – 7:00 PM
Location: 22nd St and Mosley St. to RecPlex, 1724 Mosley St.
More information can be found on the Town’s website at www.wasagabeach.com
Wasaga Beach TV is a subsidiary of Wasaga Beach Media Communications 2018